lunes, 10 de agosto de 2015

Michael Phelps wins 200m IM at USA National Championships


Olympic great Michael Phelps swam a third 2015 world-best time in as many days in the 200m individual medley at the USA National Championships.
The 30-year-old, excluded from the World Championships by USA Swimming after a drink-drive conviction, won in one minute 54.75 seconds in Texas.
Phelps, an 18-time Olympic champion, also recorded the year's fastest times to win the 100m and 200m butterfly.
- Ryan Lochte won world 200m individual medley gold in 1:55.81 on Thursday.
American Lochte, 31, also holds the world record for the event of 1:54.00, which he swam in 2011.
- "Ryan and I have been pretty dominant in that race since we started racing back in 2004," said Phelps.
- "I'm looking forward to getting back in and competing with him.
- "I've been away from the sport for a while and I feel like I'm kind of back where I used to be. It's good to be here."
- On Saturday, Phelps won the 100m butterfly in 50.45 seconds, faster than the 50.56 South African Chad Le Clos swam to win world gold on the same day. Source

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario